Andy Gill

April 9, 2022

Jamie Golombek: What tax changes might be coming up in the federal budget

You might want to act now on at least one of these potential changes A Calgary ‘land flipper’ was handed a 15-month conditional sentence and a […]
April 2, 2022

Calgary land flipper sentenced for evading taxes on $7.5M sale

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story listed an incorrect amount that the parcel of land was bought for. We regret the error. A Calgary […]
April 2, 2022

Federal government to release budget on April 7

Budget expected to account for new uncertainties following the Russian invasion of Ukraine The federal government will table its next annual budget on Thursday, April 7 […]
March 25, 2022

You’ve got questions about the CRA’s principal residence exemption, we’ve got answers

Jamie Golombek: CRA’s recent crackdown on perceived abuse of the PRE has sparked a barrage of reader interest Canada Revenue Agency’s recent crackdown on perceived abuse of […]
March 21, 2022

What you need to know as the CRA cracks down on principal residence exemptions

Jamie Golombek: For a property to qualify as your principal residence, four criteria must be satisfied If you sold your principal residence in 2021, you need […]
March 7, 2022

Inside a little-known tax ‘loophole’ experts say is helping rich Canadians avoid millions in taxes

Inside a little-known tax ‘loophole’ experts say is helping rich Canadians avoid millions in taxes The CRA has reassessed at least three companies, one owned by […]
February 26, 2022

It’s about time for this crazy RRSP rule to change

It’s about time for this crazy RRSP rule to change Some laws don’t make much sense. If you’re thinking of climbing a tree on municipal property […]
February 22, 2022

Seven ways to get a bigger tax refund

Seven ways to get a bigger tax refund Did you know that 70 per cent of individuals get a refund? The remaining 30 per cent either […]
February 22, 2022

Changing Compilation Engagement Standards

Changing Compilation Engagement Standards As your trusted advisors we want to inform you of changes that will impact the compilation engagement(s) (informally known as a “Notice […]